Wellness exams and vaccines are essential components of preventative healthcare for pets. These measures help keep your pets healthy and protect them from various diseases. Here’s an overview of what you can expect during wellness exams.
1. Physical Examination: The vet will thoroughly examine your pet, checking for any abnormalities, lumps, or signs of pain. We will assess the overall condition, including the coat, skin, eyes, ears, and mouth.
2. Vital Signs: The vet will measure your pet’s vital signs, including heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature, to ensure they are within normal ranges.
3. Dental Check: Dental health is also very crucial. The vet will assess your pet’s teeth and gums for signs of dental disease or decay.
5. Parasite Control: The vet will inquire about your pet’s parasite prevention regimen and may recommend deworming or flea and tick prevention.
4. Weight Assessment: Maintaining a healthy weight is essential. The vet will check your pet’s weight and discuss any dietary recommendations if necessary.
6. Discussion of Lifestyle and Behavior: This is an opportunity to discuss your pet’s behavior, any changes in activity levels, and any concerns you may have.
Wellness Exam and Vaccines services in Richmond Texas: It is important to vaccinate your dogs and cats at the right age to protect them from a range of infectious diseases.
Core vaccines for dogs typically include:
1. Rabies: Protects against rabies, which is a fatal disease that can be transmitted to humans.
2. Distemper: Protects against canine distemper virus, which causes a variety of symptoms, including respiratory and neurological issues.
Feel free to contact us